Q-system Gearstick knob upgrade - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
Q-system Gearstick knob upgrade

The top knob of my current Q-system gearstick is not looking so good. The leather looks horrible and cracked. The gaiter looks bad as well. I know I can easily find a replacement gaiter, but what about the knob. Is there a way to upgrade just the knob???

I'd like to get something that looks like this in there... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3694wt_1141
Sponsored Links
The original gearknob simply just pulls off mate with a good tug. I would personally be a bit dubious of any gearknob from ebay, they look good but the chrome plating rubs off in a matter of weeks leaving a horrible brass colour underneath and then looks even older than the original.

You need a (lift/ lock/ reverse) type gearknob and IMO you can't beat anything made by MOMO for this kind of gearknob
Here is a link from a Japanese company that offer only quality products with loads of choice and can deliver internationally, enjoy
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
+1 on avoiding that ebay item-bought a similar one a while ago myself-it was poor quality and never really fitted properly, think it lasted about 3 days before I replaced it, I got one from richbrook which fits perfect looks good and didnt break the bank.
Gear Knobs
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 17-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks Grahameo and edraven... will have a look at these suggestions... they look better than the ebay options anyway

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

gearstick , knob , qsystem , upgrade