GT motor control systems failure only at idle - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

GT motor control systems failure only at idle

Hi guys, would apreciate some help. Couple of months ago my GT 3.2 started giving the dreaded yellow warning signal with beeps for good measure. If I switch the car off and restart it's gone, car drives great. The warning only appears when the car is standing still and idling for example when I pull it out of the garage for the first time and close the garage door or stopping at a traffic light. Never when driving, only after standing still for a minute or more. Once I move off the warning normally dissapears. I used Alfa Diag software and it tells me there is a misfire on the rear three cylinders, also a possible cat overheating warning. Usually with an Alfa especially only at idle hot or cold I would suspect a battery but why only the rear cylinders ? From what I have read it could be :

- Plugs
- Coil packs
- Injectors
- Faulty cat
- And worst of all worn head gasket on the rear cylinders

Unfortunetly my pockets are not deep enough to spend some dosh on replacing all of the above so I would apreciate if someone found the faulty part or parts for the above mentioned sypmtoms or what I could check before buying new parts.

Much apreciated

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , failure , idle , motor , systems