I've just got everything back together after changing the plugs, swapping coilpacks around, giving all the connections a nice clean as well as painting the cam covers and coilpack covers.
All in all it was a relatively easy job, took a while to make sure all the nuts, bolts and leads were labelled up and some of the allen key bolts weren't so easy to get more than a 1/4 turn at a time. Honestly the hardest part of the job was getting the screws back in the air filter tube to BMC filter- would've needed a 2ft long screwdriver to make it a straightforward job.
NErvous moment starting the car up, but it fired up fine, I've just done a throttle reset and will be going for a proper burn when rush hour is done.
I haven't had any fault codes reappear YET, so fingers crossed when I go for a burn, all will be okay.
I've seen a few better looking engine bays on here, but I'm pretty pleased with my work. Would've preferred a slighter deeper shade of red for the covers and the crinkle finish would be nicer more crinkly, but all in all I'm well chuffed I've got to know the engine a little.
Hankerring after one of those big chrome intake pipes now!
pic of course
Last edited by alcooker; 14-03-15 at 23:05.