Bye to my 156 - value? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 07-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No. 74

Bye to my 156 - value?

Put my 156 up for sale as work are offering me a (very boring) car and it is too cheap to say no.

1999 (T) Amazon Green, 80K, SP3, full leather, 16" teledials

Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - 1999 Alfa 156 2.0 TS SP3 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Sad day, she has served me well but she is at an age where ideally she should have some work done.

She had cambelt etc done at 66K but that was late 2007 so that is overdue. She has an airbox with rusted bolts, according to my local servicing garage she needs new front discs soon, drive belt (squeaky), suspect rocker cover gasket (oil leak), centre to rear exhaust joint corroding (not blowing) and has an intermittent indicator fault (I've posted here about this).

She has current MOT through to October 2012 and she has been serviced every year by a local Bosch independent and has had new rear pads/discs, part of exhaust and four new tyres in the last year. The rear brake pads were the only advisory at the last MOT at 77K miles.

Putting all those bad points to one side she is a great car

Let me know if I am being too optimistic on price at 600. She's got to go - even if its only for parts. That would be a shame because she runs well.

Last edited by D J Fryer; 07-06-12 at 13:42.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , bye