Further suspension tweak after RHB kit fitting - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Further suspension tweak after RHB kit fitting

After the major improvement of the RHB kit over the standard SP3 kit, I decided to get the wheel alignment checked. I went to Protyre on the A10 in north London (I get my cheap tyres here ). I knew that there should be some toe in at the rear and probably there would be some toe out at the front (which I wanted changed to parallel).

Well at the back, the right wheel was pointing straight forward and the left one was pointing inwards by 3.7! This was changed to 1.9 and 1.6 respectively, within spec. The front was -1.9 on the right and -0.9 on the left. This is now parallel (zero toe).

The handling is now virtually pin sharp, I'd say it's almost as good as when I test drove a brand new GTA.

So the moral of the story is, any major suspension parts changed, check out your alignment. And the RHB kit now gets an unreserved thumbs-up too!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

Re: Further suspension tweak after RHB kit fitting

I too was amazed the difference a proper wheel alignment could make when we got the Spider reset.
Anyway,re the RHB kit,Will there be a kit for the 147,or will the 156 dampers work?
Alternatively can the new set up on the revised 147 be fitted to the original?
Re: Further suspension tweak after RHB kit fitting

Give EBSpares a ring to find out about the 156 RHB kit on a 147. I think not, but you never know

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fitting , kit , rhb , suspension , tweak