seeing as there are 5 stored errors for P0704, the clutch related error, I would think the fault lies there, as said, when was a clutch calibration last performed as a starting point seen as you have ECUscan it is easy to do.
BTW the EGR valve can be fitted to petrol cars, early 145/6s have them, and they are troublesome on there as well. A sele does not have them though.
Hello and thanks for the reply. I really don't know when was the last time clutch was calibrated. I bought the car at 149k and it is now 160k km's. 4 or 5 weeks ago I had a major service (variator, brake pads-disks, timing belt and balancer belt , spark plugs, accumulator, etc.).
Other than the codes and the RPM decrease-increase-decrease have you any symptoms to speak of?
When was the clutch rod length last calibrated?
When was the clutch kit last replaced?
How is your battery behaving? How new is it?
Any other history of faults and replacements?
Is it running smoothly or jerky? Shifts smooth? Idle stable? Water Temp at 90?
Which version of FiatECUScan are you running?
I will try my best to answer these - sorry that I am a newbie though:
- I believe there is one major symptom as I can duplicate it (maybe not always; but if it starts once, it continues until I park the car): after dropping to 1st gear and depressing the brake pedal in the traffic, as soon as I push the throttle the selespeed warning lits on the dashboard and I can hear 2 or 3 beeps. After I reach the 1700-2000rpm or switch to 2nd gear sound and the light disappears. As I mentioned, this doesn't always happen; but, if it starts then continues until I stop the car.
- I don't know when was the clutch rod length was calibrated, but it is either 28.140 or 28.098 according to fiatecuscan (don't know why it shows two values).
- Unfortunately I don't know again.
- Battery is OK. Probably 2 years old and supplies 12.28volts (according to fiatecuscan).
- As I described above, it had a major service 4-5 weeks ago (1500km). I wish I knew when the error codes were stored in the ecu (perhaps some of them stored earlier and not related to current issue, in any case I couldn't delete any of them).
- It idles dead stable, not jerking at all while running and shifts smoothly. Even the rpm decrease-increase-decrease did not happen for last 2 days - strange... One thing I have to mention, it feels like some days shifting is harsh and some days is so smooth - couldn't understand the car and I can't compare to any other 156 selespeed since I didn't drive one. Water temp at 90: how am I gonna measure this?
- Fiatecuscan free version, which I run in simulation mode for engine ecu.