Slight Judder after new clutch GT 3.2 V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Slight Judder after new clutch GT 3.2 V6

Hi all, some advice needed please! I am about to go on a 2500k road trip through europe and have had my GT 3.2 V6 in for service etc and also I had a new clutch fitted (think it was Valeo make or at least some price). Collected car last night BUT now have a slight judder when pulling away in 1st gear, around 1-2k rvs. I have read through many threads on AO and it seems to be a fairly common problem...

(FYI the clutch was not replaced due to slipping - it became extremely difficult to depress and apparently that's to do with the part/fingers that 'grab' the clutch(?). Now the pedal is light and smooth.)

The job was done by Alfacraft who have an v.good rep. I called and mentioned the problem to them after i drove the car home and was told to let it bed in and if it persists to bring it back. So, fair enough response but I am leaving in 12 hours!

I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place here - no time to test if it beds in (without setting off to the continent!) and no time to get it looked at again.

If it turns out to be DM flywheel / misalignment / release bearing / warping / faulty part - could this be dangerous or damaging, especially over long distance driving?

(Hindsight etc -- yes I should have had the clutch done way b4 setting off!)

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , judder , slight