Prodigal Son Returneth (for advice!).
Hi, those of you who have been on here for the best part of the last 4 years will probably recognise me. I took a less active role in the forum in the last 2-3 years as my life took a slightly different turn than expected. Hi to friends old (oiled) and new!
Anyway, I've still got my beautiful Blackline GT JTDm Q2, with remap (you may remember it mentioned here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/135025-gt-1-9jtd-by-blackangels-200bhp-450nm-6.html
I'm bringing this up as it's related to what I'm asking about my GT.
So here are a list of the things I'm considering doing in the next 2-3 months:
1. Add a towbar (removable preferred), not for towing, but to carry bikes
2. New clutch
3. New suspension
4. New remap maybe
1. I'm doing a lot of cycling these days and having to put my bike inside the GT is both onerous and damaging the inside of the car - I've been trying to keep things ok, but it's annoying and these days I'm usually taking at least 2 bikes. There are no bike carriers available for the GT at all - I've tried one of those hatch carriers from Halfords, but it really doesn't work and even here on this forum there's no bike carrier mentioned apart from a removable towbar:
Is there anyone recommends in or near West London, I'm willing to go a bit further (and have contacted the mentioned dealer in Birmingham), but nearer may be better to fit into life-want to see if there's somewhere closer.
2. When I got the remap I was told to expect the clutch to die quickly. It slipped a lot at first, but whether I got used to it, or it just was ok the clutch is still the original 4+ years one. It's getting a bit tough to use now, especially for my gf who finds it way too tough to drive with confidence. Is there an uprated clutch that anyone can recommend I get? I can get it fitted as in my local garage.
3. This is something I've always wanted to do - fix the "crashy" ride - I remember Koni and Eibach as 2 brands that were always mentioned - I had a look on the forum and there weren't any recent threads about this that I could find. I don't want to lower my car, just fix the less than supple ride in the GT - I know it may end up stiffer, but done properly - I'd love to get it done - any advice is great - if you've done it successfully then even better.
4. New remap - well, it's been over 3 years since I turned my cool GT into a super-fast cool GT. Does Alfaowner.com still do remap days at Red Dot Racing?
OK, if you're still reading, thanks! Any help is appreciated.