Telephone (Connect) problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 07-04-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Warning Telephone (Connect) problem

Hi Guys,

I have a very typical problem I would like to share with you.

Been driving (happily) a 147 Selespeed over two years now. It has the connect nav+ system including the phone. I'm using this with a dual (KPN) SIM card.
Couple of months ago the front window was renewed, it had a crack. (no, I'm not driving too close to other cars...)
Since then I have the following problem. After driving for about 45 minutes to maximum 1 hour, the phone (which has been working fine until that moment) stops connection with provider (it says...searching). No way to get connected again. No stopping the car, inserting another or re-inserting the sim-card (I have a dual-SIM card). It will start again after about 30 minutes parking the car.
It is driving me nuts. Dealer don't know the solution, they say everything works fine, in diagnostics nothing shows up. Of course, they haven't been driving around for an hour to wait for the problem...
They did check the wiring to antenna's andsoon, cause the problem first showed up after the new window...
I have the feeling the problem is temperature related, because the display tends to get extremely hot during the drive.
Can anybody shed some light on this problem???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

connect , problem , telephone