Selespeed - cant select reverse - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-05-12 Thread Starter
County: -
Selespeed - cant select reverse

Hello All,

Please help me, I have a 2007 156 2.0l with only 30k on the clock. This car is an absolute dream to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

My problem, of late it won't select neutral or reverse ( in both city and manual mode). This problem is intermittent but when it happens, the car just won't select reverse gear. All forward gears work perfectly with no problems at all. The pump kicks in perfectly as it should. I have taken it to my local indi in Birmingham who has run an end of line test, bled the clutch. No error codes showing. It seemed to do the trick but it's started happening again.

Please help as its driving me mad and am worried its the end of my car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 Selespeed

Could well be a battery problem.

I've just had to go out to the Mrs who was stuck against a wall and couldn't select Reverse to get out (apparently it was "too heavy" to push! ).

Anyway, got there and sure enough it wasn't having anything to do with going into Reverse, no matter what I tried. Looked online and found this thread:

... so, I turned off all excess electrics i.e. radio, heater etc and gave the engine plenty of revs(6K) for a few seconds and held it there while selecting Reverse - sorted!

Seems that the battery needs replacing.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

reverse , select , selespeed