Replacement Brake Pads/Discs - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
Re: Replacement Brake Pads/Discs

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I have noticed that the drivers side front wheel is doing more braking than the passengers front wheel. Under normal braking the car pulls to the right & then the pedal start shuddering.... ABS kicking in.

Does anyone know how to de-activate the ABS system?

I realise this *pulling* to one side could also be an ABS brake sensor issue as the driver side will always go into ABS mode before the passenegrs side. But i've learned one thing since buy the car ..... *back to basics* before chasiNg *wild goose* theory's
How did you get on with this test with the fuse out? The ABS shouldn't be kicking in under normal braking. If its pulling to the right before the ABS kicks in, then it sounds like its a basic braking issue rather than an ABS issue (back to basics, as you say ) I'd be interested in the outcome, I've not heard of many brake related problems on this forum.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 18-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: Replacement Brake Pads/Discs

Ross: Just to answer this so all can see (he PM'd me as well!), I've not had any problems with the Delphi parts. Braking is better than it was before, but then the discs and pads were pretty worn so faded under heavy braking. All the parts fitted fine and wear is negligable so far. I bet had I paid the £400+ from Alfa, the discs and pads would have been similar in terms of quality, etc. but not such a known brand.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

brake , pads or discs , replacement