147 Q2 Ducati 18" wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-05-12 Thread Starter
County: East Sussex

Member car:

156 TS & 147 Q2

147 Q2 Ducati 18" wheels

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my excitement as the girlfriend doesn't really understand!

I have a 2008 147 Q2, but really wanted the Ducati Q2!

Any way, with only 20 Bhp difference I wasn't that bothered apart from the wheels I had just didn't have that Italian look and feel to them, you know the teledial look. So I was for ever looking on Italian Ebay for the Ducati 18" copies and umming and urrring whether to get some thing that might not be as good quality as the real thing and probably spend 1200 after getting tyres too. Then I saw a 147 with 19" Brera Prodrive wheels and after pricing that up I knew I wouldn't be getting change from 2000. So it was back to dreaming... until yesterday!

I saw an advert on the internet for the 18" Ducati 147 wheels. The photo was small and I thought they'd be in poor condition, so I emailed for better pics. Within 5 minutes they replied. The pics weren't much better and the wheels were wet after having been washed (I never buy a car in the wet and that rule extends to wheels too!). I looked on the map for their location and they were closer than I thought. Brighton to Southampton 1hr 15min. There and back before dinner! I got there in no time. Now I must add at this point it was a breakers yard advertising these wheels and they don't tend to show much care for cars that role through their gates, to be fair most are right offs, hence I didn't hold much hope. Any how, straight away I saw the wheels on the forecourt, ran over to them like a little kid to the sweet counter and thought they're a bit dirty, but worth a look. The chap was helpful. I then realised they were only dirty. The breakers yard were very organised and had put a sticker showing the car they came off - A 147 Q2 2008 37k miles. I said, yep I'll take them. Discussed a price and some how managed a heavy discount and took them away in my 147, which I must add has poor boot space. I down sized from 156 sport wagon so you can understand my frustration! They were so helpful, when I asked can I see the rest of the car they came off for potential parts they went and got it on the forklift and dumped it in front of me!

I am currently in the process of thoroughly cleaning them. Wash,T-cut, polish, polish bolts, clean tyres, oh I forgot to add they came with good set of Pirelli P-zero 215/40/18 tyres and set of bolts and locking wheels nuts. None of them are kerbed, bent, buckled. The only damage is one has a slight bit of paint bubbling and two or three stone chips. I can live with that.

My question to you fellow Alfa lovers is how much do these wheels go for. I suppose what I'm asking is, I got excited and bought them, then got buyers remorse after wondering if I got a good deal or not. I just never see these come up often enough to know what they're worth?

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
The going rate for those is about 500 a set. I've seen a few sets change hands for that sort of money. What did you pay for them? Looks like you got lucky with the tyres too.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 15-05-12 Thread Starter
County: East Sussex

Member car:

156 TS & 147 Q2

Thanks for the reply.

They were up for 480. I asked for a discount for picking them up and saving them postage and he said I'll knock 35 off. As I'm slow with maths and the cogs in my head were working overtime I paused and said nothing while thinking. He then said I'll knock the VAT off 80. I still hadn't worked out the total and just said yes (with out sounding too excited). The down side was the computer when paying was the overall boss and he apologised as the computer couldn't give that much discount. So in the end I just paid 400 for rims, Pirellis P-zeros, bolts and locking nuts.

Will post a pick up when fitted. They're cleaning up really well!
AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire
nice, i do like these

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 q2 ducati 18 , wheels