Hello All, Sat Nav / Ents Help if possible please... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Hello All, Sat Nav / Ents Help if possible please...

Hiya People,

Just thought I would say hello to you all as i'm a newbie Alfa owner. I picked up a bargain Alfa 147, 2.0 TS Lusso last night, it's a 2001 with leather, bose system, one owner and also Sat Nav which I need to ask a question about if possible please.

On switching on the ignition the Sat Nav screen comes on with the Alfa logo, but then I don't seem to be able to do anything with it. Have tried following the instruction guide which says I should be presented with a menu to scroll through, but I can't even get that far.

The car was bought from a local small trader and I assumed that the Sat Nav would be functioning as it was advertised with the car and on test drive seeing the screen come on e.t.c lead me to believe all was OK. On asking the trader whether the Sat Nav needed a card to put in the slot he said that he had only just picked up the car and not used the Sat Nav himself, but that it would maybe need a code as the battery may have been disconnected at some point. However, it doesn't ask for a code or give me an option to input a code and on disconnecting the battery it made no difference.

Any help or guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

Jim in Cardiff.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0l

Re: Hello All, Sat Nav / Ents Help if possible please...

Hi - I assume that in the CD player above the screen that there is a suitable Nav disc? - do you have the connect (standard lcd screen) or connect+ - more like a small tv type screen?

Member car:

147 2.0 ts lusso

Hi I Have The Same Problem,i Have Tried Disconnecting The Battery And Leaving It For A Few Minutes And Reconnecting It,but It Still Comes Up With The Alfa Logo And Nothing Else.hope Somebody Has An Answer For This Problem.
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

If you have a dodgy CD like my self, This will totally lock out the system, but was able to at least tune in the radio with the steering controls. After speaking to County Motors, Carlisle, They advised me to disconnect the battery and leave it for a few mins before reconecting. I was then able to remove the CD as soon as switching on the unit again.
I then got a replacement CD and has worked perfectly ever since.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ents , nav , sat