Alfa 147 Mjet Upper wishbones failed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Brittany

Member car:

Alfa 147 mjet

Alfa 147 Mjet Upper wishbones failed

Hi all. Just an interest here. Had the upper wishbones replaced in Aug last year (130k) and covered about 12k since. Just had to replace them again as the play in the bearings was bordering on dangerous. QUESTION. What is the expected mileage for a set of upper wishbones and any advice as to if I have a arguement with the fitting garage? They were genuine Alfa parts but fitted by a normal garage. Hope to hear from you - Thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
When you say wishbone bearings, do you mean the rubber bushes? These are the parts that normally fail first.

I would expect that sort of lifespan from a set of non-genuine items, that have been fitted dry (ie not greased first). However, genuine parts should last much longer, the ones on my car lasted 90k.

All I can guess is the parts fitted were not genuine...? Or did you supply them personally? In either case, I'm not sure the garage that fitted them are responsible for their failure, unless of course they lubricated them before fitting with something that wasn't compatible with the rubber bushes, like general purpose grease?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , failed , mjet , upper , wishbones