Back in the saddle - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Back in the saddle

Tomorrow around 2pm I'll be purchasing my 3rd 156, 2nd facelift 1.9JTDm-jet 16v after my "better halfterm now used loosely) wrote of the last (on Tuesday) and blew the engine on the former.
Insurance haven't paid out yet but cant be without a car and couldn't find myself driving anything else.
I'd say book price my last 156 would be worth between £2500 & £2700 (Im hoping) Yet the new Bella as done 40k less looks loads better than mine as its black with tan leather & my last was Gabbiano blue with black leather.

So hopefully here's to every cloud having a silver lining, and just for laughs he's how the Mrs wrote off my Bella.

We live on the crest of a small hill, after picking up children from school & supposedly being nagged as getting out of my Bella she forgot to apply the handbrake. 10 minutes later I get a knock at the door from a gloating neighbour asking "is that your car accosting the rear of that fords focus?"

N/S/F took the brunt with a £4000 repair bill, One was not amused but last night phoenix from the flames arouse when I acquired a lovely same spec 04 plate 156 1.9JTDm-jet 16valve with only 64k for just short of £2k

Hopefully this will be third time lucky for us(I suspect that's the case as I've banned her from driving any more of my cars (she has her own 306 CC ).

Anyway excited for tomorrow, but sad to see my Bella go!

Whats your beloved Alfa history?

Alfa 156TS 1.8 140 bhp veloce
Alfa 156JTD 16v m-jet 140bhp veloce + Angel map
Alfa 156JTD 16v m-jet 150bhp veloce

Arctic white Qashqai+2 1.5NTEC

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

back , saddle