What is it worth 156 V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

AR156 V6

What is it worth 156 V6

Hello guys,
After spending loads of houres on my alfa V6 , ive came to a conclusion that ill have to sell it by summer (will be getting a e46 330ci,bit lame but want rwd and 4 of my friend getting bmw so doing a mini club )
So the story is that ive got the car in febuary since ive always fancied a V6 alfa (having a bad experiance with a 1.8T.S was having 2nd thoughts),
since then ive done:
Castrol Oil 10w40+ Oil filter (done myself at about 138k)
Castrol GB Oil (done at a service at 138k)
Apiro Torque air filter inside of the original box , sounds lovely,improved performance (138k)
Black+orange glow clocks have been done at 139k - have pics of both mileages .
Second pair of headlights - already opened, one is primed,other one is still under prep+ have angel eyes for them (might finish these before i sell the car)
Sound system- Alpine 9980 headunit and 12"Vibe sub - will be removed, tho can leave them for extra 200 (i like the quality of these, so i better leave them for myself)
Rocker cover- this is the tricky bit - removed, spent arround 4h preparing it, and a few days painting it.. So its done as a Italian flag, with chrome Alfa Romeo letters- used high temp primer + high temp paint - not installed yet, need to finish laquer bit.

The car has done 139k+ miles (will go up, since i use it daily) - always warmed up,shell Vpower too.
6 Speed manual
Tax 31.09.2012
MOT 10.2012~
Alot of service history- in the past 2 years had more than 1000+++ spent
Cambelts at 117k , exhaust at similar mileage ...

Bad points-
Stone chips, scratch on passanger side rear door and a bit on the wing (cheap fix) , needs all 4 shocks :S..

Basicly its a really nice motor, i dont want a fortune for it, just to pay of atleast a bit that it stands for me.... Engine is nice ans smooth, sounds lovely, consumption is amazing for performance (Done about 32mpg on a run to london city+motorway,80% on the loud pedal about 59 litres for 450~~~ miles )
I think the very lowest idd take is 500 - think its worth every penny...
What do you guys think? reasonably priced?
(cant believe ill be getting a bm again )

Alfa Romeo 156 V6 2.5
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 30-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

AR156 V6

Argh, tbh dont know what to do, in the city, often on the loud pedal it takes 21mpg, motorway its good too, love the sound, performance is just enought, suspension is ****ing me off a bit, what do you think -how much idd pay for the cheapest set of used shocks???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , worth