156 JTS issues at 24k service - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
Re: 156 JTS issues at 24k service

Originally Posted by AllanW

In my manual it does specify the oil you mentioned but forgive me, I may be wrong but it doesn't say that by using that specific oil you minimise consumption...?
I don't have a (JTS) manual so can't confirm it's info - however, that that statement seems to make sense as my TS uses far less oil when I switch to the Selenia racing. Though the previous garage had put in the performa...

My car has the same issues on the rear brakes. rear disc showing faster wear & I have the problem as many here have mentioned of the pedal softening dramatically, but then firming up when the pressure is released and then reapplied.

Many garages have looked into this, but none can find any problems. I believe the 156 has a serious brake issue: sometimes they are great & others woefully poor. such inconsistency is not on........

I suspect there may be an issue with the brake bias on this model
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 156 JTS issues at 24k service

Originally Posted by mojo_jojo
Forgot to say that I called my dealer up today (Sidlow) and they are still trying to find out if the bushes and cambelt tensioner can be fixed under warranty. Getting a bit peeved at how long this is taking.
I have a 147 and had simliar problem with cambelt issues form Sidlows - they are not very good at getting things sorted so decided to contact AR customer services myself. They took 10 weeks to get back to me as they are overwhlemed with enquires from Alfa owners!!!
Have found best policy with Sidlow is to go and sit in the showroom and then they cannot wait to get rid of you!

Good luck with your problems!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 24k , issues , jts , service