I have lost all my desire to own/keep my 156. Its looks great but it ain't worth a carp to accelerate.
Even on the motorways when doing 70mph I have to drop to 4th or 3rd to get good accerelation.
My wife's 1.6 Impreza moves better at these sorts of speeds.
After all this IS a 156 bhp car that *should* drive like a hot snot.... not like a fecking wheel barrow.
1. From cold its very very sluggish, & the engine temp has to reach 50deg C + before *any* life comings into the engine
2. below 3000 rev's it won't pull the knickers off a good thing
3. its doing <27mpg, at this very thristy rate it should be at least fun car to drive BUT it ain't.... at this point I wish I had listen to me *little man* & bought a Scoobie WRX
4. tonight it would rev to 4500 rpm in either 3rd ort 4th & then hesitate, eventually it would go to 4750 & then would sluggishly rev to 6000, no more.
to say i'm disappointed with this bucket of sh*te is an under statment........ i'm sorry i ever was fooled by its look.
5. The brakes are *wierd*. Wheither its a feature of ABS or just a sign of something else for the 1st while it feels like ther are little or no brakes & then the abs kicks in killing whatever retarding is happening at time.
6. Heating/Air-con is PATHETIC..... windows are always fogging up.
ALFA's, to me, are a TOTAL waste of good money .... i won't be bothered to buying another one !!!!!!