156 info plz - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 info plz

Hi all,

Been here a little while now, and now fishing for information. Apologies if these questions have been asked again and again, I am working my way through the old posts.

I am looking to get a second hand alfa, looking more likely to be a 156 and seeing as though my reason is just that I am bored with the Punto I am in no real rush buy one and want to be patient and get a decent one. I have owned a twin spark before, though an 8v in a 75. First question is how does the newer JTS engine compare to a twin spark? on paper it has better power and performance, also I know a timing belt is critical to any car but with the JTS what is the recomendation on mileage to change this, were they over optmistic as with the TS?

Also looking at the specs, I know their was a facelift in 2004, but it seems the interior was updated at some point too, if I am right was this the same time as the introduction of the JTS in 2002?

I suppose what I am ultimately asking to those that have driven both is JTS or TwinSpark??

And lastly, what are the service intervals on the diesels? is it like diesels of old and more regular than the petrol equivalent.

Cheers all

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , info , plz