Join Date: Sep 2011
County: Paris / Ill de France
Alfa 156 2.0 JTS - cruise control problem
I'm a bit confused on this one and quite alarmed :
This test procedure has been conducted dozens of times so I know it is only showing up due to Cruise Control being ON.
In the past few months here are the fixes done to the car :
- New thermostat
- New MAF
- Soldering mod on pre-cat lambdas
Now the problem :
- on highway, engage Cruise Control
- car runs fine until it reaches a hill or downhill
- at this point, I can feel the car accelerating slightly (or slowing) to keep up with the set speed
- and then MCSF light comes in, and car looses all speed : even shifting gears down and pressing full throttle can't make the revs go higher than 2k rpms and speed above 30-40 km/h.
I then have to pull to car out of the road, stop the engine, wait 10s and restart : all is fine, except for the MCSF light that stays.
Reading error codes with FiatECUScan always shows the same error :
P1337 - Torque Control (comparison)
Since this never happens when driving without Cruise control, I would assume there is something on the control loop that makes the car go to limp mode.
Does anyone have an idea or maybe someone already faced this ?
I drive an Alfa
... at least when it starts