Glow Plug or Thermostat or something else?
04 1.9 CF3 156 JTDm
I have been getting an amber warning blinking in the dash/odometer for the last couple of weeks every now and then.
1. FiatECU scan shows stored error as below:
P0683 - Glow Plug Heater Module- Signal low
2. The temperature gauge in the dash shows reading between 70-90c most of the time both idle or at speed. I have never seen the gauge at middle (90c?)
3. ECU read same time 78c at idle. So I think the temp gauge is not faulty.
4. Stripped the EGR and cleaned.
5. The car starts and runs ok. But economy and performance is poor and suddenly drops when in slow traffic.
1. What should I look for changing or cleaning?
2. is running at engine temp 78-80c OK?
3. What is the Glow Plug Heater module and where is it located? Can this be replaced?
4. Any other advise from the above observations?
thanks a lot.