Suspension Issues & Considering... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Not Happy Suspension Issues & Considering...

Ok this is the first major task i carried out on my car, and its Suspension.

I replaced my Top and Lower Wishbones on my car last year in a rush without buying OEM parts, so i scrimped on this at what cost. I bought cheap wishbones from Fleabay, and have since replaced the top wishbones with Birth, but still have cheap nasty bottom wishbones fitted.

I will replace these wishbones with TRW this year, and considering buying the EB Spares Eibach and Bilstein Kit :alfa Romeo 156 SUSPENSION IMPROVEMENTS

but the cheap nasty wishbones have really compromised the ride... badly and i cant take it anymore!

I have taken a couple of pictures, (in the dark & rain) < sorry bout this, but since i fitted those cheap n nasty wishbones the ride height is somewhat like a monster truck, and it is really winding me up!

in case you cant see, the distance between the top of the wheel arch to the top of the Tyre is around 60mm

when i bought the car (Off my dad) he told me that he thinks the car is Sport pack 3 option, the car has; carbon fibre effect center console, side skirts, HUGE spoiler and Momo leather seats, but i don't think the suspension spring + strut is SP3 as the coil has colour indication dots on them.

Can anyone help me ragarding the ride height and what suspension option i have fitted?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Chris_gta; 03-07-12 at 18:53.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

issues , suspension