147 rear wiper alignment - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Namur
147 rear wiper alignment

Hello guys,

I've got a question regarding my 147's rear wiper. When at rest, it is pretty much at a horizontal position, and therefore the lip touches the bodywork on a 1cm long section.

I'm afraid that this will scratch the paint and even cause rust to settle down there.

What can I do to re-align it? Is there a plastic bush that makes it stop soon enough?

Here is a picture so you can see my incredibly gorgeous car what the problem is about.

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
If its like my sportwagon 156, take it off and move it up a little then tighten it up again. It dunno how to describe it....it has small teeth that hold it on
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

1. Remove the plastic cover off the wiper which hides the 10mm nut that holds the wiper bladein place.

2. Slacken the nut and remove it, then wiggle the wiper arm until it is free from the motor ( this can be tight or seized so take your time and watch not to crack the rear window).

3. Turn the rear wiper one once with ignition on, and allow it to park, then you know when you place the wiper arm back on it is in the right place.

4. Finally tighten up the nut and refit the wiper arm cover.

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 13-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Namur
Thanks a lot !

I've done it and it worked, about 20minutes to get the right alignment (no too high but high enough to be sure it never touches the bodywork).

I use the wiper to open the trunk as I don't like the bumper on coils that normally open it, so it was a bit harder as I had to be sure that even after having manually pulled it, it doesn't go on the bodywork.

Thanks again!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alignment , rear , wiper