Low clutch pedal and biting point - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa GT jtd 1.9

What happened in the end..... amy updates

My clutch pedal is not biting on my GT and it does work wen you pump it a few times . I have ordered a master cylinder and hopefuly will be istalling it this week.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 1.8TS

I had a very similar issue in my 156 about 6 months after I bought it. Clutch only bit at the floor and it slowly got worse until I couldn't clutch the car at all.

I replaced the Master first as its easiest to get to and within 2 days I had no clutch again, so I replaced the slave (in the gearbox N.B. I also replaced the clutch while I had the gearbox off). Turned out that to be the slave that was failing but the odd thing is it wasn't leaking. I lost NO fluid at all during the whole process, however when I had the slave in my hand I could see that it was knackered. I pressurised it and pumped it manually and although there was no fluid loss the cylinder eventually stopped working. I suspect that something inside it had simply broke!

Anyway, new Master, Slave and Clutch and its 100% now.
AO Member
County: Cluj
almost the same as @disilldo ... my problem was the pressure plate (some "spokes" had broken off) but ended changing he master, slave and clutch disc + pressure plate.
(Post Link) post #29 of 29 Old 26-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Sofia - town
So here is what happened:

On Monday I got a call from the garage and they said that one of the cylinders was not installed properly and it was leaking. They recommended to have it replaced and installed properly this time. When heard this I immediately thought what a bunch of BS. If the guy was saying the truth, I should go back to the original place and get them to redo it because it's under some sort of warranty not have a brand new cylinder installed. Also, I've driven about 300 km with this clutch and I saw no leakage what so ever so he was definitly BSing me. The next day (Tuesday) I went to get my car back. The guy there said nothing was done to the car, they didn't even bleed it and the battery hasn't been disconnected. That same evening coming back from work, the rubber on the clutch pedal came off (it was on its way out for some days). When I arrived home I put it back on and while I was crouching down there I pushed the clutch in until the end with my hand a few times. The next morning I got in the car and the gears were going in just like before. What the hell happened? Maybe the angle I was pushing it with my leg is different from the one I did with my hand and it bleed itself?? I have no idea but I'm happy that rubber came off . Now for 2 days the gears are going in fine, there is no creeping and the biting point is a little higher.

Anyone care to explain what happened?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

biting , clutch , low , pedal , point