EBD ABS system failure message - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-12 Thread Starter
County: Chon Buri

Member car:

EBD ABS system failure message

I live in Thailand far away from Alfa dealer and have had my brakes replaced by non alfa mechanic with non alfa parts. For 2 months not a problem but today after having the car washed, maybe a pressure washer was used not sure, ABS and EBD system failure message has appeared on the screen "do not use car take to dealer"
Should I worry??
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Looks like electrical problem or problem with battery.
First check for water inside engine bay, then check battery condition (charge or replace battery).
AO Silver Member
County: Bangkok
Sorry to hear that bro'. It would be a short or a battery issue - if you use a water/topup battery it can happen unexpectedly.

But it is likely to be various issues with the sensors or the abs unit. If the speed sensor was not installed properly, it would be worn, or the cable destroyed (common problem when someone goes to a non-alfa shop). Need to plug in diagnostics and take it from there. I can help you or my friend p'Job at BKAutoTech but we're in Nonthaburi.

In any case, you can still drive without abs.

update: there may be a small window of opportunity when I could be convinced to go to Chonburi if we act very soon - I'm leaving the country for 2 months next monday. msg me or contact p'Job, owner of BK 0816465176 (speaks english rather well) but remember this is can't be solved on the phone!

Last edited by Loknar; 13-04-12 at 00:10.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

abs , ebd , failure , message , system