Long, Low and Slow
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Quick Service and some minor problem solving ..
So I brought the car just over a week ago, since then I've:
1. re-aligned the headlights (replaced and refitted bulbs, can't believe some people can't even put a bulb in correctly)
2. installed an EGR restrictor plate (don't like EGR's, stupid idea IMO)
3. replaced the air filter
4. replaced the MAF sensor (was a bit too smoky when I put my foot down, much better now)
5. replace the oil filter (if you'd seen the oil you'd know why)
6. replaced the oil (as above)
7. replaced the boot badge(missus said it looked tatty)
8. removed and cleaned the MAP sensor (just something I do as part of a service)
9. replaced a split induction pipe (was loosing a little boost)
10. fitted a new front passenger side lower grill (missing when purchased)
11. repaired the drivers door handle (was about to drop off)
12. sorted the intermittent passenger side brake light (removed a little corrision from the bulb holder)
Last thing to do is cure the faulty fuel gauge and give her a clean.
So, where do I start with this fuel gauge. I've read on here somewhere that its most likely to be the sender and that can be accessed by removing a plate inside the car. Can someone tell me where this plate is?
Last edited by Shadeyman; 09-04-12 at 12:47.