Removed the following:
Arch-liners (partially - just enough to get to the bumper bolts)
Front grill (snapped both bolts
Bumper. Weirdly enough, the third fixing on the side was a push pin nearside only, offside was a bolt!
Top air intake pipe & sensor (but not the air-box as Also recommends)
Bottom cross member supporting rad (lots of corrosion as you can see from the photo) - then removed tha rad from the bottom. it was in a messy state...
I cleaned the cross member, sanded it, Krust it, then waxoyled it. Hopefuly that should protect it for a while.
Then with the help of a jack to keep the new rad in possition until I hooked it from the top with bungee cords, removed jack, secured bottom brace - and back in bussiness
Here are some photos.
I also snapped the bolts that connect the heater air-con heater to the rad. Halfords did not have the same bolts, but I found some M6 20mm long, started the thread with one of the survining self tappers, then on went the bolts (hex heads).
While I was at it, I decided to replace the plastic mesh for a metal one. Photos to follow
Two weeks ago, did the rear tracking arms and bushes. For the bushes I decided to go for Power flex - did not notice mush difference in the ride, or any added stiffness to that extent; But at least I know that they will be ok for a while....fingers crossed. Photos also to follow (only allowed 6 at time