GT V6 Clutch HELP!? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Crazed GT V6 Clutch HELP!?

Been looking on these forums the last few weeks and have seen a lot of threads regarding clutches on the GT 1.9JTD but haven't found many on the V6 so I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

The clutch is fine it doesn't slip and it bites well, the issue I am having is when driving the car at low revs.

The clutch is fine when cold however once the car is warm the clutch gets very stiff, the baffling thing is it only happens when I am driving the car at low revs and changing up the gears quick, if I boot the throttle (drive at high revs) the clutch will instantly free up and become normal again, the process will then restart it will be fine and gradually get stiff until I open up the throttle again.

Seems very strange and I'm guessing it is pressure related problem, however I don't understand how the throttle is effecting the clutch.

Gonna get under the battery next week to look at the slave see if I can see anything there, in the meantime if anyone can shed some light I would be great full.
Sponsored Links
I've just gone from a Mito to a GT cloverleaf. Can't comment on the V6 clutch but the 1.9 JTDm is a fair bit heavier than the mito clutch, but it is always consistent and predictable.

Hopefully it's something not too difficult to sort.
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

147 JTDM 16V

Could be the same problem you get on the diesels since the clutch mechanism is similar if I'm not mistaken. Caused by the actuator shaft bushes binding. My JTDM used to do the same when you revved it more than normal (don't normally need to rev a diesel that much), the clutch would go from heavy and stiff to suddenly lighter. Still don't understand why. However these problems went after the bushes were lubricated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT