Misfire 1.8 ts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-12 Thread Starter
County: Cornwall

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Misfire 1.8 ts

I just got my 156 on the road and I really am enjoying it, only problem is at 2000rpm it kind of misfires then clears! It ain't a massive problem just annoying, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
oil in the plug wells of cylinder one, which is surrounding the plugs & causing them to misfire
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

156 1.6TS 2002

I have a similar problem - Really struggles below 2500-3000rpm - especially from cold - can be bit dodgy when pulling away and suddenly you have no power. It does bring up the MCSF fault and i to have been advised it could be a coil pack problem. I had a similar issue a few years back and after replacing all the spark plugs it cleared it - there was oil in the two wells on the cambelt side which i soaked up (think that was leaking in through rocker gasket which i have also replaced). But now its back and i plan to have a good clean of the spark plug wells and the coil packs this weekend to see if that helps. I was also advised to hook it up to alfa diag or fiat scan to read the fault code but i havent got the equipment.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT