4 jobs in one! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-04-12 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

4 jobs in one!

Decided to do an oil change yesterday and while I was about it sort out a leak that was causing my windscreen and headlamp washer bottle to empty itself within a week. Oil change was straightforward but while I had the undertray off I decided to properly rustproof the unions on the oil cooler pipes (I'd done a half hearted job on it last year but since reading that several people had had problems with them leaking since I thought I'd do it properly).

Anyhoo - bumper off so I could trace the leak which I had narrowed down to the headlamp washers and associated pipery as the water was dripping from the centre of the bumper and sure enough found one of the indicator units had a puddle on top where the little 'hozelock' connector for the driver's side washer was weeping. Popped the connector off and noticed that one of the two o-rings on the nozzle the pipe clips to was missing.

But... while looking around the front of the car I think to myself... "hang on, I'm sure this car only has a single tone horn but there's two horns over there......?!"

Well, TBH one of the horns was in fact a lump of rust! Unbolted the ruined one and replaced it with a 'RING' lo-note horn and I now have the re-assuring blast of twin-tone horns as opposed to the pathetic 'peep' I thought my car had been lumbered with!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT