GT at YAS MARINA GP Circuit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Abu Zaby

Member car:

2007 - 3.2 GT

Hi All,

After watching my brother driva a rented Astin Martin GT4 at the circuit, that right you can rent a 500 HP race car here for 250 quid, I decided to take my baby for a spin a 3.2 GT

After been put in the novice group, due to the first time I have ever taken a car on the circut, been racing bikes forever but my first car.

What an experience, managed to get the car to drift with all 4 wheels many times all around the track.

Had a few "races" with a 335 twin turbo BMW, chipped to 310 HP and a Porche 911 turbo, well I was plesently surprised, managed to keep both cars behind me, both cars quicker on a staight line and under accelaration, beat them both on brakes, much quicker than the BMW through the twisties, BMW had a lot of body role, the Porsche was planted, but would not hook up in the two tight sections. The Porsche driver had not mastered his car and was not happy to have to follow a Alfa.The traction control light was on a lot not sure how good that is for the car!

Apparently the alfa had the best sound out there, and there were a few cars, Audi R8 V10, Lotus Elese, a few KTM x -boxes, a few BMW's, a few Porsche GT2's and 3's, a quick Renault Megane, Nissan Z370 highly modified.

Was a realy enjoyable evening, but I pushed by baby to the limit, not sure how much she would take, already blew the AC on the first 20 min outing on the track. Brakes better than BMW but not as good as Porsche, the porsche has also 330 brembos, but they look thicker.

So next time I will have to rent a car from the track, as I want to keep my baby in one piece!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

drove past yas marina last year on my way to ferrari world (had a half day layover at the airport).

surely you got some pics of the GT on the track??
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Extremely jealous!! And yes we need photos!
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Abu Zaby

Member car:

2007 - 3.2 GT

yeh forgot the camera, will buy gopro for next time though

This is all I got, front bumper met track cones

Last edited by Dubai GT; 17-03-14 at 06:39.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

circuit , marina , yas