Remap thread again. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
Remap thread again.

After reading plenty of threads on remapping a 1.9jtd I still couldn't work out an answer to a question i have.
I currently have a 56 plate 1.9 GT, last year I had a new clutch fitted and I treated myself to a Q2 diff. The car at this moment in time is a standard 150bhp.
If I get the car remapped what would be the max power/torque you would get the car remapped to before you have to think about uprating shocks, brakes, clutch and various other components.
I'm thinking around 200bhp but is this too much?

Let the debate/advice begin!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

depends how you intend to drive it, the level of improvements you are personally looking for and the £ you are willing to spend.

just fitted a new clutch eh ....uprated one?
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
i wouldnt think youd need to uprate your brakes.. as above ^^ depends on how you drive, a remap will eat your flywheel and clutch, due to the torque the engines produce, but with a heavy duty clutch in it should sort that out
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

56 plate anything would invariably need new dampers ,they tend to lose damping more noticeable rebound..thats what ya feel when car wallows on undulating surfaces at speed
no need for uprating clutch unless you drive like an idiot ie loads of standing starts ....standard cars diesel or petrol dont like abuse

a good remap will be actually less stressful believe it or not ,a bad map will have torque spikes that will wreck anything in transmission
190 is usual safe bet on standard induction intercooler set up ,any more tends to build heat up in induction and cause a negative effect
as for mapping speak to gus at alfatune ..he will advise you and wont bull you
as for brakes i personnally recommend ferodo ds 2500 pads on standard discs in keeping with standard calipers..if you want more power from your brakes ,then upgrade to brembo but this comes at a premium
sound advice is to drive to within your and your cars limits

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

remap , thread