Drivers seat raising and lowering - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Drivers seat raising and lowering

Had a quick search but couldn't find the answer.............

When I raise the drivers seat in my 147 Ti (leather seats), only the rear of the base lifts, which essentially tilts the seat forward.

I take it my seat is faulty ?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Yes. I've seen lots on seats lifting on one side and not the other but bot front to back before
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
I thought they all just lifted from the back, effectively pivoting around the front.

I'm finding the driving position in the 147 more and more odd the more I think about it, actually. Think you need short legs to drive one...
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Same here on my GT - it just tilts the seat forward - pretty useless really
Right ok.............

A few things.......I have short legs

Also....the seat tilting forward, I checked mine and it actually isn't. What it does is raises the whole seat base up and forward at the same time, so when sitting in it, feels like it's pivoting at the front as you really need to then slide the seat back as you raise it. seat is fine and I have now been able to get a seating position that supports my right thigh when on the throttle. I've been twisting my knee trying to get comfortable and doing 140 miles a's not nice !!!

I did find that my seat probably wasn't as low as it should go which was my problem. I pumped it right up and it goes really high !!! So high that my neck was bent as my head hit the roof, Then I bottomed it out, it feels slightly lower now and I appear to have the thigh support I need. Will find out tonight after work.
Originally Posted by andyshez View Post
Same here on my GT - it just tilts the seat forward - pretty useless really
Same here on my 156 Twinny . Pointless. Oh, and the passenger seat doesn't have this luxury!
As I said above, I thought my seat was just tilting forward too, it actually doesn't. As the seat raises, it also moves forward, so when sitting on it, it feels like it's just raising at the back. What you need to do is slide the seat backwards as you raise it. If you get out the car and watch the seat as you raise it you will see what I mean.

Because it moves forward as it raises, your things stop getting support from the front bolster as your legs are bending and blah blah. But once I discovered how the seat actually worked, I was able to get a good seating position
AO Member
County: Lancashire
On my 156, it definitely raises the whole seat upwards.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

drivers , lowering , raising , seat