towbar wiring kit??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
towbar wiring kit???

Ok so nobody lists one for 156 in uk....

Eventually found one in Europe but uk supplier that supplies that make says not listed for them and probes won't fit because it's for lhd.

So can anyone tell me if lhd 2005 looms and connectors would be so different a car specific kit wouldn't fit or are the lhd rear light loom connectors the same? I would have thought they would be same to keep costs down but can anyone confirm?

Or can anyone direct me to a 156 specific wire kit???

Sponsored Links
Hi mate... Try these guys, I have seen a 156 in their workshop before so I presume they will be able to help... Good reputation too
Nobody in uk lists a wiring kit for 156 none of the 4 towbar companies do them which is why I could do with finding out if connectors on lhd looms are the same
Nobody? I guess rear lights from facelift uk cars are same as some continental ones??? So connectors at lights would be same. Would have thought looms at least in boot to where it connects with main looms would be same. Tried to get workshop manual running but wouldn't work on my pc so I could look at looms
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
whats wrong with splicing into each cable?
AO Member
County: Canterbury

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS

1+ for splicing into each cable.

I suppose making one yourself is out of the question, like this one I made.
Appreciate the thoughts but the wiring is bad enough without me cutting it. Surely the whole point of a harness is you don't cut the loom like it seems you did but pop connectors in between where connectors already are.

I don't want to splice into wires particularly even if it is an ok thing to do hence why I would like to find out if lhd cars had totally different wiring and looms in boot or if an eu 156 specific wiring kit would likely fit?

I could try and find a connector in loom where all the tail light wires are and get spares off a breaker so I can make a short connector that just plugs in between them but got enough jobs so if I don't have to **** about with wires and can get off the shelf then so much the better

AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
my 2005 156 has a wiring box in the back of it for a tow bar, although its not got a tow bar fitted.

its just slot locked onto the wiring for the lights on car, as 156 isn't CAN it doesnt cause problems. then you just wire the outputs to the right plugs on the tow bar.

I guess that makes it something of a universal box rather than a 156 designed unit but I should think it worked just fine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

kit , towbar , wiring