Interior rear view mirror - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-03-12 Thread Starter
County: -
Interior rear view mirror

Hi All,

I am new to the world of Alfa and would like some help please. i have recently purchased an alfa 156 selespeed [absolute beauty and probably the best car i have ever owned].

The problem - When i bought it,there was no rear view mirror, so i went into the dealership as i thought its got low miles and looks mint so i will sent that little bit and get something new. Well apparently my version of the 156 comes with a winter pack and hence i require some sensors, etc as there are two cables sticking out from the roof that seem to connect to something. Anyhow to cut a long story short, the dealership are asking for almost £814 as apparently i dont just need the mirror and sensors but also a new wind scree. i really need help here as I think that is way too much money just to see behind. i dont just want to go for any old halfords looking rubbish. Please help

also on another note - My selespeed gearbox works fine with no problems but i seem to notice a weird" rat rat rat "noise when it upshifts or downshifts between 1st and 2nd and vice versa..ny help would be useful..
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
Ignore the wires, call autolusso and buy a standard interior mirror.Or try Italiaautoparts.
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

147 Selespeed

One of the wires will be for the rain sensing wipers, I'm not sure how successfully a new/second hand sensor can be attached to an existing windscreen though?

The other one I guess would be for the condensation sensor, it is supposed to sense your screen is misting up and turning on the demist for you. That wire is best tucked up into the headlining and forgotten about, it close to useless and you'll have an annoying black box tucked up behind the mirror.

If you can live without the auto wipers, just get a regular mirror. Of course if your windscreen had an accident, and you have windscreen cover on your insurance...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

interior , mirror , rear , view