Rattles from back of my GT fixed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-03-05 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
Thumbs Up Rattles from back of my GT fixed

Today I commenced a methodical step by step examination of my GT to find some annoying rattles coming from the rear of the car.

To cut a long story short I found the two sources of the rattles

The first source came from the spacesaver spare wheel housing. The wheel has a plastic insert which holds the wheel brace and other tools - it was tightened up as far as it could but was still loose and jumping around the place. I removed the spacesaver wheel and insert and to my amazement I found various bits - left over from manufacture - including a electric switch of some type plus numerous gromets and plastic fasteners which were making a right old racket.
I removed them also and thinking I had cured it took the car for another drive but even though the rattles had reduced they were not eliminated. I identified the remaining source of the rattle as coming from the CD cartridge and or the cd's contained within. When I drove the car without the cartridge inserted - no rattles at all.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Re: Rattles from back of my GT fixed

Yep thats what mine was I mentioned it in the other thread, I also greased the area up a bit as I don't have a space saver but a squeaky foam which rubs the body making niose useful thing that holds a pump and any other junk I can stuff in it though without impacting boot space

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

back , fixed , rattles