================================================== ================================================== ====
Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit
1. Install FES (Fiatecuscan)
2. Download the drivers from FTDI Drivers
3. Turn off wireless network or unplug Lan cable from internet on the laptop/computer to be used for FES .
4. Uninstall VAG KKL from the Device Manager and check the delete driver software box.
5. Plug in VAG KKL to a usb port, manually install the driver you downloaded from FTDI Drivers
6. Follow these instructions to set up FES and the cable FiatECUScan - Fiat, Alfa, Lancia ECU Reader / Scanner
7. Make sure the vehicle battery and the laptop battery are fully charged.
8. Start FES with the usb cable plugged in and connect to vehicle when ready.
================================================== ================================================== =====
The fault is with the Windows 7 FTDI drivers that are installed by default when the VAG KKL is plugged in to the usb port.
My FES would read the airbag and ABS ECU's but not the Engine ECU, there was a "High Latency" warning showing in the FES software.
The drivers from FTDI fixed this problem and now the engine ECU reads OK.