alfa 156 2002/2003 1.6ts bottom end gutless - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-03-12 Thread Starter
County: Bristol

Member car:

alfa romeo 156

alfa 156 2002/2003 1.6ts bottom end gutless

hi there i know that 16v are not renowend for thier low down grunt but mine up to 3000rpm makes all the right noises and runs smooth but is gutless am sure it should have more to offer i was thinking of maybe improving the breathing air filter exhaust etc, but have heard the standard air filter setup is difficult to improve on would a sports exhaust help??? Also i have the dreaded diesel noise when idling is this the dreaded variator problem??? and if replaced would this sort out this problem am in the process of cleaning the MAF (cant hurt can it?) i have owened the car for around two years and its never missed a beat and brings a smile to my face everyday, i should add that i have zero service history with the car but as i said shes never missed a beat and is still tight and responsive and beautiful to drive. i feel that probably nows the time to throw some money at her as she deserves it. Have been quoted 412inc vat for cambelt waterpump and variator supplied and fitted by a local garage who has a mechanic who worked for alfa for over 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! obviously i think i cant go wrong at this price and should i get it all done and will this help with the gutless bottom end??? any help and advice wld be greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 16ts , alfa , bottom , end , gutless