156 alarm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 alarm

recently my alarm has changed tone

when locking the car the alarm used to sound a continuous 2 second tone. now its changed to the single 2 second tone followed by another about 3 seconds later ???

the alarm is still active and deactivates ok (the LED blinks as normal)

phoned the dealer and he found the answer in the alfa dealer customer reference book .....

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: 156 alarm

Are you sure the volumetric sensors are working? It might be something that is not configurated as it used to be...
AO Member

when locking the car the alarm used to sound a continuous 2 second tone. now its changed to the single 2 second tone followed by another about 3 seconds later ???
I think this means that part of the protection circuit has been activated. In the owners manual there is a key to what each audible signal means. I can't remember off the top of my head but for instance the single tone followed by two further tones might mean your boot isn't shut properly, three tones might indicate one of the other sensors is active.
Its to ensure you don't walk away from your car and inadvertently leave something unlocked I think.

David, I am having the same problem.
I have carried out a manual test of the alarm as described in the manual, and it says the volumetric sensors are faulty. I think the test is as follows.
turn your ignition on
open the bonnet
turn your ignition off, and within 10 seconds operate the bonnet catch microswitch 5 times, upon doing this the alarm should beep a few times, and flash the indicators to let you know it is in test mode.
When this has happened the alarm will test the volumetrics.
If they are OK you should get 5 alarm beeps and 5 flashes. If they are faulty you get 1 flash.
If you then test all of the doors you should get a beep when you open, and a beep when you close.

When you have finished this just leave the alarm alone, and it will return tonormal operation in 10-20 seconds, it will indicate this by a series of beeps.

I have established that there is no power to my volumetrics, I have sat in the vehicle and tested the D6 plug behind the glove box with a voltmeter, and turned the alarm on, no power.

I am going to remove the alarm box next and take it to bits to see if there is anything obvious within the box that is causing the problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alarm