Where is the Engine no??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Where is the Engine no???

Hi Peeps,

I am somewhat confused as to where the bloody hell the engine no is in the engine compartment. I just want to make sure that my 147 has it's original engine (got it a few months back from a car supermarket who source their cars from fleet). It's got a full history printout, but no stamps in the book. (had it's exhaust heatshield replaed at 36K too, no camblet, this I will be doing at 45K). The engine no on the plaque when you lift the bonnet is different to the no in my service book, however the format is completely different, I think the no on the plaque is the engine revision, not the engine no (the VIN is the same as in the book though) . Reading thru the user manual the engine no is meant to be stamped on the "gearbox side of the crankcase in correspondance to the exhaust manifold", Would someone mind telling me where the F@!K that is, I have looked hi and lo and cannot see an engine stamp anywhere.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT