GT Cloverleaf...which engine?? (Petrol) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
GT Cloverleaf...which engine?? (Petrol)

2 Mito's in the family here, a 120TB and my father has a 155 TB. The 155 had a heater issue and we went to our local dealer to fix, and I came across a GT cloverleaf which I very much liked the look of.

Never really been interested in changing my car but the GT in question looked outstanding, and had only covered 16,000 miles. With the part ex. value of my car I can almost change car for little or no money at all.

But - the car only has the 1.8 TS engine, and figures suggest it would feel abit flat compared to the I have been looking at the 2.0 JTS engine as well which looks better on paper, but through searching on here many don't seem to be keen on the engine.

So is the 1.8 a better bet?

Would also be interested in what sort of fuel econ. I could expect, official figures suggest about 30ish...however I don't do enough commuting to need a diesel and I prefer petrol engines.

Cheers for any comments!!
Sponsored Links
Graham P
I'd go for the 2.0 JTS over the 1.8 TS. The 1.8 will probably have more character but can you cope with a near 11 second 0-60 time? The 2.0 JTS isn't a terrible engine, it just needs the odd mod to give it the typical Alfa sound/feel. An induction and back box should do it, a reamp would help too. I should imagine you'll be able to find a decent priced Cloverleaf 2.0 JTS

Last edited by Graham P; 03-03-12 at 18:11.
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

i wouldnt go for jts ...use search button and see how problematic just the engine is and its never a simple cheap fix
AO Gold Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I'd have the diseasel myself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cloverleafwhich , engine , petrol