Pas pipe snap connector different?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-02-12 Thread Starter
County: -
Pas pipe snap connector different??

Please I need urgent reliable advice! Thank you ALFA 156 16v JTD 1.9 54 plate

Having put up with a small corroded hole in my low pressure PS aluminium pipe (right next to the holding bracket), I have finally reluctantly purchased new PS pipes as a pair for 160 all in inc VAT & delivery.

However the old pipe where it attaches to the PS radiator pipes at the front, uses a kind of fast snap connector with 4 triggers or catches around the shell of the connector which you have to press all of them in to release the pipe you want to change. This leaves a grey plastic ring of the 4 trigger catches you just had to press in to release the pipe. Fine so far!

The new PAS pipe is plastic coated to avoid corrosion, great! but the snap connector to push back onto the PAS radiator pipe is a bit different, it has only two grey triggers to push in to release, it is a bit different.

Question? Does anyone know if this is ok & the two different connections are compatible? If so will I have the same problem on the snap in connector at the reservoir end?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

connector , pas , pipe , snap