Alfa 147 front hub/upright ? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTDm

Originally Posted by hdseven View Post
thats exactly the problem i had the Gt abs sensor wasnt long enough to pick up signal from the ring on the rear of bearings as the rear bearing was different in design.....was told petrol as a smaller diameter abs ring than the Diesel Gt, but i have no idea what the second hand hub came off as it was a ebay purchase and the seller had not idea either..if the senors are different then so are the bearings

As DavidC has pointed out that all 147 share the same bearing hubs etc which is correct acordi g to eper part numbers. I think we had the uprights from a 156 which has a different bearing from the 147.
Sponsored Links
The upright/bearings are the same for 147...except for the GTA. I can confirm this as I fitted an upright from a 2000 2litre TS to a 2006 (facelift) 1.9JTDm. The ABS sensors had different plugs on the end, but that was easy to sort seeing as it's an inductive loop. Cut the plugs off each (cutting the same amount of cable with each so when joined it's the same length as before. Works perfectly. I know as I had to do that too

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , front , hub or upright