156 Wiper motor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-02-12 Thread Starter
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

alfa 156

156 Wiper motor

Hi there

I'm driving an 02 156 2.4jtd which other than small irritating niggles is still a pleasure to drive. One of the irritating niggles is the front wiper motor...

Early last year my front wiper motor began to make an awful noise (a loud whirring noise)when in operation - this continued until the Spring Bank holiday when (true to form) the motor packed in on the M42 in the pouring rain whilst going on holiday. Subsequently, a new motor was bought by myself and fitted by the RAC; however, this motor lasted around 12 weeks before the awful noise from the motor returned.

This replacement motor was swapped and fitted by the Alfa garage that supplied it; however, a further 4 or 5 months on, the second replacement motor is now making the same awful noise that the original made prior to packing in.

The local Alfa garage is prepared to again swap this motor, but the owner is as frustrated as myself and doing this swap reluctantly and on the basis that I pay for a replacement mechanism that the motor is attached to. Obviously, I'm keen to resolve and prevent this in the future....

My questions are:

Have other people experienced this problem? Is there a fault with these motors?

Are other factors at work here? Could it be that other parts are faulty?

Is there any thing that I can do to prevent this?

I have to say that I'm really careful with these motors and ensure that my windscreen is clean from ice and that the blades are not frozen to the windscreen prior to driving...

Your advice and information would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
if it were my car I'd buy a complete 2nd hand wiper module, [ motor + gearbox + linkages ], from a good breaker car.
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
Ive got one for grabs so cheap it will wipe the smile on your face!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , motor , wiper