?!? Questions ?!? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Crazed ?!? Questions ?!?

Hi everyone, i noticed that many of you ppl have made some changes in the engine(air filters, programing, and stuff) and i would like to know what are the con's and pro's.
For instant, i will keep her original outside, but would be interested in the future, fiting a intake kit.
Can someone please advise, and if possible any portuguese member who had done it, tell me about the painfull info(€)..

Thank you for your time.

PS: Already managed to post some pics of my bella, but im still working on it with some more from diferent angles. Using a digital camera: Fujifilm Finepix S5000.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: ?!? Questions ?!?

Hi Bruno,

starting with the costs, basically, you will only pay for what you get. Air filters and air intake systems are the €asy part. Most of the work you can diy. If you're thinking about a remap, then start to think about higher figur€s and something that it can't be done by yourself.

There are a few places where you can have it done in Portugal and if you want to know more about that I can dig the info for you. But don't expect it to be cheap. Besides, I have some doubts about their work...

An air intake kit migh improve the high end power availability but it wont be really significant (don't go by their numbers!) On the other hand, you'll have more noise coming from the intake. Some people like it some don't. You wont need to change the filter anymore (just do the correct cleaning) so it might become cheap on a long run.

Did you posted some shots before? Sorry, can't remember where...

Hugo Sá
(2011) Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6JTDm, Pack Sport 17", Pack Comfort
(2009) Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTDm 16V QV, 170hp+360nm, Bilstein B4+TI springs, ConnectNav G2, Autodelta Air filter, Brembo Disks, Satin Mirror Caps
(2002/2009) Alfa Romeo 147, 1.6TS QV, Autodelta Remap, Autodelta Air filter, Eibach Pro System Kit

Social and Automotive Sports Photography
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 13-02-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Re: ?!? Questions ?!?

Thanks for the info, i will probably go on the air intake system. More noise? I hope not, cause i love to hear her scream above the 4000rpm its amasing. Just one more small question, does the intake system increase or decrease the fuel consuption? Or doesnt even feel the change?
About the pics, i post them in the garage, enjoy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT