jts engine rumble - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Guatemala

Member car:

147 2.0 TS

Originally Posted by big stash View Post
I am hoping it was the balance shaft, the fact that there was no damage to the crank journals. Anyway after 150 careful miles...................................the concentric slave has packed up, the flexi has split on the exhaust, I have spent ten hours dismissing the theory that you can remove the gearbox without removing the sub frame, smashed my favorite ratchet and now beginning to develop a psychological overs ion to all things Italian!! car is bits on the garage floor, it continues to fight me at every turn! thankfully Bavaria's finest is there to bail me out, my 1990 320i cabriolet 22 years old never missed a beat!! ordered my spares today so looking forward to more blood, sweat, profanities and a further emptying of my pockets as my alfa ownership continues. Alfa's they have a reputation which is richly deserved!!!! but they don't half look good!!!
Hi Big Stash!!!

So... how is your car doing?

Do you think it was bottom end rattle or the balance belt playing up?

I ask this because i have been getting very very very nervous when i drive my car, i mean reading all the threads on bottom end make me feel i should replace mines as a precaution meassure, what did you do to order the parts?? how did you found the job???

Let me know, thanks!!!
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , jts , rumble