JTDm injector pipe leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
JTDm injector pipe leak

The reason for this thread is that my GT has sprung a not inconsiderable leak and I cannot find anything on the web about this problem. It may be a rare fault but I have not even been able to find any spare parts listed and have had to leave it in the capable hands of Alfasport in Sawston Nr Cambridge.

First of all I noticed clouds of white smoke today in the rear view mirror and wisps of smoke from under the bonnet when I pulled onto the drive. I stopped the engine and removed the plastic engine cover then started her up again. There was a constant jet of fuel spraying over the driver's wing and a good 4 to 5 feet away from the car! It was all coming from where the No1 cylinder injector pipe connects to the injector rail (is that the right name?). I tried tightening it but it had no affect. I took it off and found the mating face corroded. I cleaned it with a piece of scouring pad but it still leaked the same.
The thing that I have found bemusing is that I cannot find replacement pipes on the web and no reports of similar problems. If any of you have had need to replace the injector pipes and/or the rail could your post details of where you got the spares (if not Alfa main dealer) and let us all know the prices, maindealer or otherwise? I've mailed Alfasport and am away for three days as of 7am tomorrow morning. Hopefully they willl have the bit for me on my return. One job a week at the moment,,, intercooler bottom hose last week!!!!

Before anyone asks, yes I am still running on Biodiesel. It's a pig to start in the very cold weather but fine once it's up and running. No I don't believe that the Bio was a contributory factor in this failure.
Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

corrosion in fuel line.............. moisture in fuel either from pumps or suplliers tanks or lack of fuel filter changes

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

injector , jtdm , leak , pipe