GT Uprated Handling - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

Astra Coupe 2.2

GT Uprated Handling

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if people have done much in the way of improving handling? (Suspension, strut brace, Q2 etc.) and the noticable improvements (or lack of)

Looking more into suspension myself with a budget of around £400, probably adjustable as the back sits alittle high for my liking Obviously dont wanna ruin the hadling in the process, so are there any rated suspension kits for the alfa?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

There's plenty of options. Agreed, I'd start with improved dampers, lowered springs, and also quality tyres. Thereafter, you could look at antiroll bars. If the car is pretty new, the chassis will be stiff, so you won't notice the effect of a top front strut brace; but it's still a good idea, to prevent chassis-softening. It can be noticable if the car is older and flexy.

I'd say look at Eibach Pro Kit springs, with either KONI Sport or Bilstein B6 dampers. Or an Eibach complete kit, the Pro System.

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Romeo GT Tuning & Styling

I have Eibach springs on my GT. It definitely lowers the rear, by around 30mm. Not sure what model GT you have, but on my V6, the front did not lower significantly; I had to have modified the damper-fork connection to achieve a lower front. Different on a JTD/JTS; it should end up lower.

Q2 offers a big improvement in power-down performance. Presuming you have a JTD or V6.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

handling , uprated