Looking for some advice before I start as bit of a newbie to vehicle electrics.
I am planning to add an “aux in” to my bella: a 2003 147 2.0TS Lusso. I bought the blaupunkt cd-changer to phono lead and after shorting the data in/out sure enough the hu showed “changer” and my xperia arc phone played its tunes through the ICE. Happy days.
So now I know it all works I want to route an audio input, switch and power suppy to the glovebox. This way I can switch between “Changer” and “CD” on the HU and also provide power to a small line amp in the glovebox to boost the low level output of my phone. Once I have got this all working I intend to upgrade the front door speakers too.
My help needed:
1) Can I use the switched 12+ output on the blue ISO block to power a cig socket added to the glovebox? If using this feed is the glovebox powered off unless “changer is selected” on the HU?
2) What rating of cable and in-line fuse should I add to protect the circuit?
3) Where can you buy the little connectors to fit the end of the cables into the iso choc-box?
4) What is the best way to remove the glovebox inner trim so I can modify and add the sockets etc. into the trim to make it look like a pro install
5) Thinking of wiring an Fiio E5 into the glovebox powered via the new cig socket – as my phone has low level output - anybody got experience of these?
Also speaker wise I am thinking between the following, any advice welcome:
Edge Street ED306
Hertz Dieci DSK 165
Intent to add dynamat or similar on door around speakers - I just want a little more bass and a lot more clarity than the standard speakers and don’t want to change standard HU and ruin aesthetics of my bella interior. Don't want to spend mega money - as its only a second car but as a Linn fan at home need more hifi quality than std setup. Btw anybody know where to buy the rubber bungs for the interior door handles as apparently they get destroyed when you remove door trims
Look forward to responses – this forum has already got me this far so sure I can finish this little project with your help (although snow has stopped play this weekend
Thanks in advance...