So fellas, been having a streak of alfa issues, or streak of bad luck if you are a fan. I certainly am a fan...but only up to '98. Post 155 cometh disaster...I know some Yugos that are more reliable than the post 1998 alfas. Enough ranting for now though, I will continue at the end of my post.
This is what I’ve done since August ‘11 when I went ahead and decided to make the biggest mistake of my life...sorry ranting again.
- Changed cam-belt & water-pump
- did 60k service
- new VGT solenoid
- new Clutch and flywheel
- replaced Alternator pulley
- New Battery
- New wiperblades (front and back)
- 4 new tyres
- Replaced front upper wishbones – But now (5 weeks later) I hear knocking from the front left and squeaking….again!
- Gearbox oil – Replaced twice, the second time was replaced with super-thin oil so that the synchromesh does not get sticky when the gearbox is cold.
- Sorted Airbag light
- Waxoyled oil cooler pipes
- New radiator
- Rear bushes
- 4 wheel geometry
- 72k Service coming up in a month or two
- Front disks & pads
- Auxiliary belt and pulleys
This morning, Started the engine, turned on the Climate Control and the A/C button light wouldn’t come on. I would press it, and it would flash and then go off. Even though it was set to Auto. Is this normal you guys? I had to leave the car at work and get a hire car because I am working over the weekend away from the office...but I'm worried
This car, by miles....I mean MILES...like thousand miles, is the most problematic car I have ever had. It just makes me wanna trade it for a fiesta
I would love to have my old 155 back. I feel such a t**t for selling it. Most reliable car ever, I never had to do anything to it except......love it
Why ALFA, WHY did you go and make such a pice of c**p
....it doesn't even have a freakin' cup holder